De La Salle College is a Catholic, all-boys school operated under the auspices of the Le Chéile Trust and is located on the outskirts of Dundalk on the Castleblayney Road. The school currently has over 750 students on roll with a staff of in excess of fifty teachers. A wide range of programmes is on offer and the variety of subjects is ever expanding. The school is situated on its own campus, comprising modern, welcoming buildings set in expansive grounds and gardens. The site comprises four developments, the most recent opened in August 2013, and includes: state of the art technology suite, two fully equipped computer rooms, home economics kitchen, four science laboratories as well as gymnasium and playing fields.
The Mission Statement of De La Salle College, Dundalk is to give a human and Christian education to our students, with special concern for those who are disadvantaged. De La Salle College is a community where the different groups associated with it, teachers, management, parents and students work together in close partnership for the good of all.
One programme traditionally offered in the school is the Repeat Leaving Certificate Programme. This programme has had fantastic success over recent years with many students increasing their points score in the Leaving Certificate Examination by between seventy and eighty-five points. It is not unusual for some students to increase points scored by over one hundred points.
De la Salle College, Dundalk welcomes applications from students, both male and female, who have already completed a Leaving Certificate and who wish to repeat the examination. The Repeat Leaving Certificate Programme at the College has been running for many years and has proved to be very successful for students who have chosen this option.
Features of the programme include:
•Experienced member of staff appointed a Special Duties Post with sole responsibility to co-ordinate the programme and to monitor the progress of students
• Dedicated RLC class with experienced teacher in Higher Level English and other subjects where numbers dictate
• Comprehensive range of optional subjects including Ag. Science, Music, Technology, Applied Maths
• Dedicated classes for RLC students in certain subjects where numbers applying to take these subjects are sufficient
• Access to the full range of services at the College, including Guidance Counselling and Pastoral Care
• Comprehensive Study Skills Programme
• Points increase by an average of between seventy and eighty-five points per student in the last three years
•Well-resourced school library
For more information please contact us: